The aim of the Centre is to establish a platform for services / products/ activities co-creation related to social responsibility (SR), sustainability and innovation to align with the 5-year strategic plan of HSMC, the Six Principles of PRME, UN Global Compact, the Report on Manpower Projection to 2018 of the Hong Kong SAR Government, and the OECD Action Plan for Youth mentioned in the 3rd UNESCO-APEID Meeting on Entrepreneurship Education.
The aim of the Centre can be achieved by enhancing the educators, policy-makers and industry practitioners’ awareness of the importance of sustainable development in higher education and the linkage between sustainable development and supply chain management in the operations of key industries in the hope that educators can develop more relevant programmes, modules, training, workshop, standards, and practices to learners at different levels with higher order skills, e.g. problem-solving and solution-seeking skills for global employability and to be a responsible citizen.
Visualizing the Strategic Goals of HSMC:
- To afford a modern and stimulating campus environment to facilitate and support teaching and learning activities.
- To develop and offer innovative academic programmes which respond to changing community needs.
- To provide a holistic and challenging educational experience for students.
- To cultivate students’ global perspective through internationalisation.
- To develop strategic partnerships with industries and businesses.
- To encourage and support dynamic research, initially focusing on regional relevance and gradually broadening to more extensive horizons.